Seton Hall, the oldest diocesan Catholic university in the United States, was founded in 1856. In 1863 while the Civil War raged in the South, the university built the still standing stone chapel. Three years later, the Presidents Hall building was constructed on the South Orange, N.J., campus directly adjacent to the chapel.

To help commemorate the university’s upcoming 150-year anniversary, the stone and mortar are being replaced on President’s Hall to return the structure to its original stature.