The Platt Luggage Building (originally the Ginn & Company Publishers Building) was built in 1907 in the style of Beaux-Arts (French for “fine art”). Situated at 23rd Street and Prairie Avenue, the Platt facade was designed in this style and was deemed worth saving when its future came into doubt during a planned expansion at Chicago’s convention complex. With its sandstone medallions and Latin inscriptions, along with its Doric columns and arched windows, the Platt facade is of significant architectural and historical value. To preserve the structure, the brick and limestone were removed from the façade, numbered, stored, and then sent to the new location for reassembly.