Submitted by Askew Nixon Ferguson / Fleming Associates
The original building, built and renovated between 1884 and 1930, was a custom house, court house, and post office. The new School of Law occupies the 169,000-square-foot seismic structure with load-bearing brick and stone exterior walls, cast iron interior columns, brick arches, and concrete slabs. The design team preserved historic features while adding modern elements.
WEB EXTRA: Download the project .pdf