Location: Raleigh, NC
Size: 94,500 sq. ft.
Masonry Used: 247m face brick, 26m special shapes, 143 jack arches, 82 radial arches, 15m CMU, and 10M sq. ft. pavers.
Submitted by: Pinnacle Masonry, Inc.
The project is a beautifully designed brick building in the Second Empire style of architecture. The brick facade was designed using two colors of brick, many special shapes for watertables and accent banding, and arches over every window. The first floor arches were unsupported with deep soffits and incorporated special shape brick into the arch. The upper floor arches were a combination of jack arches and radial arches. A great design that was well executed, using many types of brick detailing.
Owner: John Bruckel, Bloomsbury LLC
- Architect/Desinger: David Bryson, Bryson Design, Inc.
- Structural Engineer: Zachary Lyon, Stroud, Pence & Assoc.
- General Contractor: John Wilkins, R. N. Rouse & Co.
- Masonry Contractor: Danks Burton, Pinnacle Masonry, Inc.
- Masonry Supplier: Steve Frazier, Custom Brick Co.
- Masonry Supplier: Jimmy Wall, Adams Products Co.
- Masonry Supplier: Terry Ward, Tucker Kirby
- Landscape Architect: Brian Starkey, OBS Landscape Architects
- Other: Mark Tiernan, Fred Adams Paving Co.
- Other: Ron Love, Meadow Burke Products