MVIS Air & Water Barrier is single component, load bearing, vapor permeable, fluid applied, waterproofing, crack isolation, air barrier membrane. The barrier produces a seamless, monolithic elastomeric coating and bonds directly to a wide variety of substrates. It’s a low VOC, self-curing, water-based formula containing antimicrobial technology used in construction where air and water barriers are required to improve building efficiencies and durability.
Features and Benefits
· Meets ASTM E2357 Air Leakage of Building Assemblies.
· Adhered Exterior veneers may be installed to membrane using Polymer Fortified Masonry Veneer Mortars over concrete, brick, cement plaster and cement backer board.
· Excellent bond strength.
· Contribute to overall building energy efficiency.
· Works together with MVIS Transition Tape and MVIS Flexible Sealing Tape to provide a seamless protection of the building envelope.
· Meets ASTM D 1970 Nail Sealing requirements.
· Lighter color for ease of inspection.
· Safe—no solvents and non-flammable
· MVIS Air & Water Barrier is an Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA). Evaluated Material and is part of an ABAA Evaluated Assembly.