For more than 10 years, attendees of World of Concrete have put their skills to the test in the John Deere Operator’s Challenge. The competition puts the driver’s speed and accuracy to the test on a 4WD loader, skid-steer, backhoe, or excavator. For each event, the operator is timed and penalized for errors and not accomplishing a task. There were 203 competitions on the 444K 4WD loader, 196 on the 310SK backhoe, and a record-breaking 249 on the 50G excavator. Congratulations to the 2014 winners!
Jake Jessop, Colorado City, Ariz.
- Brian Swallow, Elkhart, Ind.
- Ryan Lindberg, Fargo, N.D.
- Carl Jessop, Colorado City, Ariz.
- Phil Wettstein, Congerville, Ill.
- Jason Knepp, Montgomery, Ind.
- Ken Porisky, Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada
- Nacoma Oehme, Pittsburg, Kan.
- Jake Jessop, Colorado City, Ariz.