- Toughest Tender Competition
- It's fast, furious and fun. Watch as twenty mason tenders compete for the title of Toughest Tender. Gold Lot, front of North Hall. Wednesday, January 23, 11:30 am
- SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER 500® Competition
- When twenty of the country's best bricklayer/tender teams compete to build a 26-foot double wythe wall in an hour, the fans go wild. Join them and cheer your favorite team to victory. Gold Lot, front of North Hall. Wednesday, January 23, 12:00 pm
- Pettibone Telehandler Skills Competition
- There's a lot of action at this two-day event, with competitors testing their driving skills as they navigate an obstacle course to deliver masonry supplies. Gold lot, front of North Hall.
- Tuesday, January 22–Friday, January 25; ongoing
Artistry In Decorative Concrete
Experience concrete as an art form at the 6th annual Artistry in Decorative Concrete. See leading artisans demonstrate the latest applications and techniques to help you take advantage of this exciting and profitable market segment.
Tuesday, January 22–Friday, January 25, Silver Lot, front of South Hall
Check out the new GREENSITE area of the show floor located in the South Hall, Level 2. There you will find exhibitors showcasing green building technologies along with displays, presentations and limitless information about this exciting new aspect of the construction industry. Plus, be sure to check out the new Green Building track for 2008 that includes a variety of environmentally-focused 90-minute seminars. Sustainability and environmental-friendly construction is in demand, making this track of six sessions a timely addition to the WOC Education Program.
Women In Concrete Luncheon and Forum
Presented by Concrete Construction and The Concrete Producer magazines this exclusive two-hour luncheon program returns to World of Concrete for its third year. Join your peers from all segments of the concrete construction industry to network and learn about issues relevant to you.
Wednesday, January 23, 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
$75 online and onsite
Last year's event sold out fast—register online today.
Join the Hoover Dam Expedition
Join the editors of The Concrete Producer magazine and industry experts to discover how concrete is bringing this impressive project to life. Learn the history and challenges of the Hoover Dam Bypass as well as the admixtures used in the project's mix designs during an informative construction site visit and tour of the Hoover Dam Visitor's Center. A special below-the-dam tour will be included. Bus transportation and box lunch provided. Two tour dates available, but space is limited, so register online today.
Sunday, January 20, 12:30–5:30 pm
Friday, January 25, 1:00–6:00 pm
$85 online and onsite
CIM Auction 2008
Bid on concrete industry-related items while helping the Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program expand. The unreserved auction is hosted by The CIM National Steering Committee and sponsored by CIM NSC, the CIM Patrons, along with World of Concrete Show Management, Hanley Wood Publications and Ritchie Bros Auctioneers. New this year, be sure to check out the CIM Silent Auction located in the North Hall. For more information visit www.concretedegree.com and www.worldofconcrete.com.
Thursday, January 24; register to bid at 11:00 am; auction begins at 12:00 pm