Your workmanship and ingenuity deserve to be honored and publicized throughout the masonry industry. Masonry Construction magazine's 8th annual "Project of the Year" competition will recognize top-quality masonry design and craftsmanship that inspires excellence among others in the profession. This is the only contest that focuses specifically on masonry's contribution to outstanding construction projects.
Select your best projects from the past two years, match them to the market categories listed below, and enter the masonry industry's most prestigious contest.
Project entries can be within any of the categories listed below. (All categories are for new buildings, except Repair & Rehabilitation Projects and Historic Restoration Projects.) One winning project, from any of these categories, will be selected as Masonry Construction's "Project of the Year."
- Multi-family housing
- High-rise buildings
- Commercial buildings
- Institutional buildings
- Repair & rehabilitation
- Historic restoration
- LEED-certified buildings
- Projects that make significant use of masonry (brick, block, stone, glass, adobe, etc.). The building doesn't have to be entirely masonry, but there must be a prominent masonry aspect.
- Projects must have been completed after January 1, 2006.
- There is no geographical restriction. Projects can be anywhere in the world.
- This is NOT a beauty contest. Although aesthetics is one consideration, this contest is focused on the involvement of the mason in innovative design, construction, or materials, cost-saving methods, and environmental considerations.
HOW TO ENTER
There is no fee for entering. Entry packages must be received by September 15, 2008, including the following components:
- A written description of the project, no more than 500 words
- 5 - 10 photos of the project (digital photos are preferred)
- Drawings of the project (optional)
- List of project participants
Winners will be featured in the November / December issue of Masonry Construction magazine, and on www.masonryconstruction.com
A panel of independent industry experts will select the winning projects.
SEPTEMBER 15, 2008 - Deadline for completed entry packages to be submitted
QUESTIONS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
DOWNLOADABLE ENTRY FORM:
DOWNLOADABLE CONTEST RULES: