December 2009 issue
- State of the Industry Learn more about PCA's "2009 High Performance Building Code Requirements for Sustainability" on the association's sustainable buildings section.
- Find out more about BASF's Green Sense concrete technology.
- Read the entire "2008 U.S. Construction Overview" report from FMI.
- A copy of Ready Mixed Concrete Industry LEED Reference Guide can be obtained at the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association.
- PCA's ConcreteThinker.com provides a collection of concrete and sustainability resources.
- Interested in supporting the Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program? Visit ConcreteDegree.com to learn more.
Concrete Technology Today and Beyond
Learn more about BIM software in The BIM Boom.
- 3-D laser scanning is one of the areas that manufacturers are focused on. Find out how contractors are using this technolgy in 3-D Laser Scanning.
Levelness and Flatness
Learn more about the F-number system in F is for Flatness (or Face).
- It's important to know how to test for FF and FL. Understanding F-Numbers reviews these testing methods.
- Tools of Productivity details the right tools for the job.
Polycarboxylate Ether and Slabs
Joseph A. Daczko discusses the various types of PCEs in "The New Variety of Polycarboxylate Dispersants."
- Learn how polycarboxylate superplastizers incluence Precasting Polished Countertops.
- Polycarboxylate superplastizers were used in CC's Curling and Shrinkage Field Test. Take a look at the results thus far.