Masonry Construction magazine's "Project of the Year" competition recognizes top-quality masonry design and craftsmanship that inspires excellence among others in the profession. This is the only contest that focuses specifically on masonry's contribution to outstanding construction projects.
The deadline for the 2010 Project of the Year awards has passed. Please check back for 2011 entry forms. In the meantime, general entry information is below.
Project entries can be within any of the categories listed below. (All categories are for new buildings, except Repair & Rehabilitation Projects and Historic Restoration Projects.) One winning project, from any of these categories, will be selected as Masonry Construction's overall "Project of the Year."
- Residential buildings
- Multi-family housing
- High-rise buildings
- Commercial buildings
- Institutional buildings
- Repair & rehabilitation
- Historic restoration
- Municipal buildings
1. Projects that make significant use of masonry (brick, block, stone, glass, adobe, etc.). The building doesn't have to be entirely masonry, but there must be a prominent masonry aspect.HOW TO ENTER
2. Projects must have been completed after January 1, 2009.
3. There is no geographical restriction-projects can be anywhere in the world.
4. This is NOT a beauty contest. Although aesthetics is one consideration, this contest is focused on the involvement of the mason in innovative design, construction, or materials, cost-saving methods, and environmental considerations.
Check back for 2011 entry forms. There is no fee for entering.
All entries must include the following components: Project Information formDetailed description of the project, up to 500 words5 - 10 digital and printed photos of the projectList of project participantsProduct specifications
Photos must be submitted separately. Submit between five and ten digital photos of your project. Images should be high resolution JPEG or TIF files (at least 300 dpi). They can be sent on CD, e-mailed, or posted on Hanley Wood's FTP site. (For FTP information, contact Shelby Mitchell at 773-824-2496 or email@example.com.)
If digital photos are not available, please send prints or copies via mail.
Photos must show at least one overall view of the project, one shot taken during construction (if available), and one of the completed project.
- Optional: up to four drawings (maximum size 8 x 14 inches) showing interesting design details.
Winners are featured in Masonry Construction magazine, on www.masonryconstruction.com, and honored at World of Masonry / World of Concrete in Las Vegas. JUDGING
A panel of independent industry experts will select the winning projects. DEADLINE
To be announcedQUESTIONS?
See slideshows of the 2010 Project of the Year entries.